Saturday, October 28, 2006

I only have one minute because I'm at the library, which doesn't even have a science fiction section. Whoever heard of such a thing.

If I'm on vacation, for God's sake, I need some Arthurian legend books. I'm addicted. Where are they? I have to skim though each fiction shelf?

I can no longer stand how they shelve books - it kills my neck. Why can't they stack them so titles are readable? Please, someone out there invent something.

Geez, do I sound like my mother? Everything used to bother her.

"You are so intolerant Mother!!!"

"Don't you roll you eyes at me like that."

Now I am that woman.

More on that, things that drive me nuts, another day, and hopefully by then I've become Zen enough to have "let it all go."

It started, this irritability over unchangable things, when I was getting ready this morning and noticed, for the first time, I no longer have definite lip lines. They just sort of meld into the skin around them, which is completely off topic but bothered me because then how do you stop the lipstick from running into the rest of your face? I don't get this. I tried to use some lip liner but it looked like a four-year-old had a field day with a red crayon.

I should have left it that way.

Just like the blood-curdling scream fantasy, I thought of a new one. Put lipstick wherever it goes, what the hell, then go to the grocery store like that and see how many people try to avoid staring.

The key is, of course, to act perfectly normal.

I have no access to a phone or Internet until Nov. 2. There are those who say this will do me good. I'm skeptical.

I also missed The Office, David, but I'm not about to miss House next Tuesday.

No comments: